Saturday, October 13, 2007

Update from Sacramento

Hey guys,
It's Saturday evening here in Sacramento and me and Robert Kendrick have had a few good wins and tomorrow we are playing the finals of the doubles against Fruttero/Warburg. I lost singles to Kevin Kim in a night match earlier in the week. He played solid, and passed me me quite a bit even when he was 10 or 15 feet behind the baseline. I tried to mix things up but he played well, and showed why he has been in and out of the top 100 in his career.

The doubles game is clicking and with Kendo's big serve I have been aggressive at the net and taking some chances. We haven't dropped a set and today beat a real good team in Alex Kuzentsov and Ryan Sweeting 61 63. Tomorrow we play at noon and then I'll be taking a quick flight down to Burbank (an hour north of LA) and get a late workout in with coach Dustin Taylor. Hopefully I can squeeze in some dinner with my bro and sis who will be in the area.

We have had a good time this week, last Saturday we checked out a club with some friends here and it turned out to be a great time. Some great music, and an outdoor fire pit with a lot of good seating made the club a two thumbs up. 20 dollar cover was waived because we were rolling with someone who was having a party and had some pull at the club. Also there are some good restaraunts nearby the courts; one night we ate at a Morrocan place and had some hookah with the guys, followed by a pool party at our housing-not a bad life!! Last night Sweeting, Kelly (daughter of the couple we are staying with, and our personal social coordinator for the week) went to a hip wine bar and had some real good food, and a few glasses of a 2004 Pinot Grigio. I had Butternut squash ravioli, a steak sandwich and tomato caprese, all were above par for sure....tonight we are headed to a LE Cirque show at a nearby college campus and grabbing some sushi beforehand. I loove my food as you know this maaan!

Wish me and Kendo luck tomorrow! ciao

No comments: