Tuesday, October 2, 2007

back in vegas. fall tournaments to come

Hello people,
I am back in vegas after a few tournaments. The last one was in Tulsa, Ok and me and Alex Bogomolov made the finals of dubs before falling to Rajeev and Bobby Reynolds. I wish I could have done better in singles, but lost to good friend and eventual champion Jesse Witten, so he owes me one. He is also the owner of a brand new Iphone, and he got to keep his number! what an ass!

I haven't been back to Vegas since right before team tennis in early July, so it's good to see Nick and a few of my buddies here. Everyone thinks I am crazy for living here because of all the clubs and bars etc. But really I have just been sitting around the apartment, going to the gym, the pool and probably catch a movie later or go bowling with Nick. I am so exhausted from traveling nonstop that I usually just decompress and be lazy.

I am headed to Sacramento later this week and will be there for a week. It's a pretty strong field for a challenger as Sam Querrey will be the top seed at 51 ATP. Should be good, as I like the courts there, will have great housing with a friend, and am playing doubles with Robert Kendrick. I will be meeting up with my coach Dustin and Jesse Witten and Brendad Evans, who he is also working with. From Sactown we will head down to Calbasas (45 mins north of LA) for another challenger. A real upscale community, Calabasas is a cool tournament and my brother and sis are going to come up for a bike ride through Malibu Canyon or somewhere nearby. Also my bro is gonna install some more RAM into my computer to make it faster! vamos! Also I have tons of friends in LA that can hopefully come up and watch me play or just hang out.

After Calabasas I have a few decisions, there is a tournament in the middle of nowhere canada, Rimouski is the actual name. I had an awful experience there last year, as it cost more than a grand to get there, and it was boring, freezing cold, and the courts were that of a sportcourt material, not ideal conditions! But we will see, some of my american buddies are going and it is easier than some other challengers (for the pervious reasons). Then it's on to the south, with tournament stops in Louisville, Nashville, Champaign, and Knoxville with the outside possibilty of heading to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and then on to India or down under to Australia. Yes, quite a way to end a 11 month season!! But then comes a month off where I have no real plans after heading up to Portland, Or to see Davis Cup with some good friends--maybe head down to Mexico for some r and r on the beach and a few margaritas, coronas or other refrescos!

I will try to keep this thing more updated and get my coach Dustin to take some good pics in the coming weeks with his digital camera. All the best..comments are appreciated!

No comments: